Town and Country Planning is the cornerstone of my business. I am always available to discuss planning problems and how I may be able to help. That first discussion or meeting is vitally important and should not be influenced by any consideration of fees. Your problem may be personal to you, but I am sure I will have dealt with many similar issues over the years. I prefer to identify the problem first; and only then seek to find a cost effective solution.
My work ranges from preparing simple planning applications to leading on the more complicated planning and enforcement appeals. I have frequently given expert evidence at planning public inquiries. I submit oral and written evidence to support planning applications and appeals and continue to work with individuals and resident groups to ensure their objections are soundly made and in accordance with the Local Development Plan. Much of my work involves sites within the Green Belt, National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
I can call on a strong network of Town Planners, Barristers, Ecologists, Environmentalists, Highway, Noise & Light Consultants, Draughtsmen and Landscape Architects to ensure that every case is fully supported by the appropriate technical information.
I am available to provide an Expert Opinion to support Civil Litigation. I have given evidence to the Courts, including the High Court, in cases involving valuation, boundary disputes and quantum. My experience gained over many years allows me to work in most aspects of both Town and Country Planning.
Recent successes include:
- Winning a High Court Judicial Review to quash a Lawful Development Certificate issued by the South Downs National Park Authority;
- Gaining planning permission on appeal, with costs, for a supervisory dwelling on an equestrian establishment in Devon;
- Gaining planning permission for the change of use of a shop to takeaway in East Sussex;
- Obtaining planning permission to change the use of a workshop to residential on an equestrian unit in the Surrey Green Belt;
- Successfully applying for a Lawful Development Certificate to regularise a residential annex in West Sussex;
- Removing an agricultural occupancy condition on a former farmhouse in Suffolk;
- Acting for private clients to secure the sale of land in Mid Sussex to Homes England to enable a development of 450 dwellings;
- Obtaining planning permission for a 200 bird racing pigeon loft in the South Downs National Park;
- Securing planning permission to change the use of farm buildings in the Wokingham Green Belt on appeal;
- Assisting residents in a West Sussex village in their successful objections to proposed commercial development of woodland within the South Downs National Park;
- Obtaining Class Q consent to convert a farm building in East Sussex for residential use (2 dwellings);
- Winning a s78 planning appeal for a supervisory farmhouse on a beef unit in Kent;
- Winning a similar appeal for a supervisory dwelling on a Stud Farm in West Sussex;
- Removal of AOC on a former nursery dwelling in West Sussex;
- Obtaining retrospective listed building consents for works to a Grade II listed farmhouse;
- Obtaining planning consent for an estate yard, stable complex and ancillary dwelling in West Sussex;
- Defending an enforcement notice served on a storage yard in the Surrey Green Belt;
- Obtaining planning consent for a caravan and camping site in Surrey, also in the Green Belt;
- Obtaining on appeal planning permission for a stockman’s dwelling in the South Downs National Park;
- Successfully objecting for local residents to a proposed solar installation on a greenfield site in Chailey;
- Obtaining retrospective Listed Building consent on a farmhouse in East Sussex;
- Obtaining Lawful Development Certificates authorising non-agricultural occupation of farm dwelling in breach of an agricultural occupancy condition;
- Relocating a local rugby club to a new pitch in the same village.
I have been referred to as a safe pair of hands, primarily because I never take on instructions beyond my expertise.
This page has the following sub pages.