Town and Country Planning is the cornerstone of my business. Your problem may be personal to you, but almost certainly I will have dealt with many similar issues over the years. Initial advice is without charge: I prefer to identify the problem first and then work with you to find a cost effective solution.
My input ranges from writing application/appeal statements, preparing and submitting planning applications to lodging complex planning and enforcement appeals. I have frequently given expert evidence at planning public inquiries. Much of my work involves sites within the Green Belt, National Parks, Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty and Conservation Areas.
I have a strong network of Town Planners, Barristers, Ecologists, Environmentalists, Highway, Noise & Light Consultants, Draughtsmen and Landscape Architects to ensure that every case is fully supported by the appropriate technical information.
I act for both Applicants and Objectors in all areas of Town and Country Planning where I place their interests into the context of the Local Development Plan, the National Planning Policy Framework and Precedent.
Recent success include:
- Objecting on behalf of neighbours to a proposed residential annex within the curtilage of a listed building in the South Downs National Park;
- Gaining Planning Permission for a holiday let conversion in East Sussex;
- Winning a High Court Judicial Review to quash a Lawful Development Certificate issued by the South Downs National Park Authority;
- Gaining planning permission on appeal, with costs, for a supervisory dwelling on an equestrian establishment in Devon;
- Obtaining Planning Permission for an expansion of commercial units on a farm in East Sussex;
- Gaining planning permission for the change of use of a shop to a takeaway in East Sussex;
- Obtaining planning permission to change the use of a workshop to residential on an equestrian unit in the Surrey Green Belt;
- Successfully applying for a Lawful Development Certificate to regularise a residential annex in West Sussex;
- Removing an agricultural occupancy condition on a former farmhouse in Suffolk;
- Acting for private clients to secure the sale of land for residential development in Mid Sussex;
- Obtaining planning permission for a 200 bird racing pigeon loft in the South Downs National Park;
- Securing planning permission to change the use of farm buildings in the Wokingham Green Belt on appeal;
- Assisting residents in a West Sussex village in their successful objections at appeal to proposed commercial developments within the South Downs National Park;
- Obtaining Class Q consent to convert a farm building in East Sussex for residential use (2 dwellings);
- Winning a s78 planning appeal for a supervisory farmhouse on a beef unit in Kent;
- Winning a similar appeal for a supervisory dwelling on a Stud Farm in West Sussex;
- Removing Agricultural Occupancy Conditions on a former nursery dwelling in West Sussex;
- Obtaining retrospective listed building consents for works to a Grade II listed farmhouse;
- Obtaining planning consent for an estate yard, stable complex and ancillary dwelling in West Sussex;
- Obtaining planning consent for a caravan and camping site in Surrey, also in the Green Belt;
- Obtaining on appeal planning permission for a stockman’s dwelling in the South Downs National Park;
- Obtaining retrospective Listed Building consent for works carried out to a farmhouse in East Sussex;
- Obtaining consents to relocate a local rugby club to a new pitch in the National Park.
This page has the following sub pages.